LAYAL News
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LAYAL News

AccueilAccueil  PublicationsPublications  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display 24 boosters Star Wars Unlimited – Crépuscule de la ...
Voir le deal

Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine

AuteurMessage
wolf

wolf

Messages Messages : 483
Points Points : 183

Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine Empty
MessageSujet: Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine   Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine Icon_minitimeMer 12 Nov 2008 - 0:52

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

The phenomenal growth of public interest in alternatives to Western treatments for human disease has spilled over into veterinary medicine. Many holistic veterinarians and pet owners are now interested in using alternative remedies to solve health problems with their pets. Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine is the first text on psychoactive herbal remedies for the treatment of behavior problems in small animals.

Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine is an important guide for board-certified veterinary behaviorists, as well as veterinarians and veterinary students with a particular interest in behavior medicine. In addition, pet owners interested in alternative medicine for their misbehaving pets can use this well-rounded work to make informed decisions on the use of over-the-counter remedies.

Summary: Excellent reference book for veterinarians
Rating: 5

The book is well referenced and organized and, as such, is a great tool for veterinarians to have handy. Even if they're not prescribing herbs themselves, clients have often put their pets on herbal remedies and, at the least, the clinician needs to know our current state of knowledge about the effects of these herbs. The gaps in the book simply point out where we have little empirical knowledge at this point. Hopefully, continuing research will make it necessary for Dr. Schwartz to revise it in just a few years.

Summary: AVMA 2007 Lecture Excellent
Rating: 5

I went to her lectures today and the notes--which she said were directly from the book--were excellent. I really enjoyed the talk and found several ideas that I'd like to try in practice for behavioral issues. Who wouldn't want to try St John's Wort or some other herbal for storm phobias, separation anxiety, urine spraying in cats, etc, in conjunction with or instead of anipryl, reconcile, or some other drug? I plan on ordering her book based on her lectures. I think it will be a valuable resource for alternative sources for common behavioral problems. As long as you try listed doses and warn your owners it's untested, I think the likelihood of severe problems (such as death) very low. I was very happy with her lecture and think the book will be just as informative.

Summary: NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT'S PRINTED ON
Rating: 1

I FOUND THIS BOOK TO BE FULL OF OLD WIVES BREWS. DR. SCHWARTZ DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE AS TO THE CURRENT DAY USES OF PSYCHOATIVE HERBS IN ANIMALS. PLEASE BE ADVISED HER LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IN THIS FIELD CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HARM or DEATH TO SMALL ANIMALS. I FIND IT OFFENSIVE SHE PROFESSES TO BE "AN EXPERT" AND THIS BOOK IS A FARCE! THIS BOOK IS AKIN TO A SUPERMARKET TABLOID.
DR. BRENT MONAHAN

lien:
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Psychoactive Herbs in Veterinary Behavior Medicine
Page 1 sur 1