LAYAL News
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

LAYAL News

AccueilAccueil  PublicationsPublications  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Philips Hue Kit de démarrage : 3 Ampoules Hue E27 White + Pont de ...
64.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Avian Medicine: Principles and Application

+2
amine
wolf
6 participants
AuteurMessage
wolf

wolf

Messages Messages : 483
Points Points : 183

Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Empty
MessageSujet: Avian Medicine: Principles and Application   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitimeMer 12 Nov 2008 - 0:40

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Avian Medicine: Principles and Application [ABRIDGED]
by B. W. Ritchie (Editor), GJ Harrison (Editor), LR Harrison

Publisher: Wingers Pub
Number Of Pages: 809
Publication Date: 1997-07-01
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0963699652
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780963699657
Binding: Paperback

Designed to be used in conjunction with the large original text, this Abridged Edition makes the details included in the comprehensive book more accessible on a daily quick reference basis. This is especially useful to the busy avian practitioner who wants instant access to familiar passages, tables and charts.

Summary: Avian Medicine: Abridged Version
Rating: 3

If you can afford it, buy the unabridged copy. It's worth the money and is easier to handle than this softcovered version. The size of this abridged edition is awkward and, of course, cannot lay flat. In a pinch, however, have this on hand should you have the need to treat your own birds before you can get to your avian vet.

Summary: G reat for the breeders of birds.
Rating: 5

If you are a breeder you will know what I mean when I say that there are not alot of vets that are experienced with the hadeling of birds. I was able to save many of my birds with the use of this as a reference. It is a great reference manual.

Summary: As a breeder of cockatiels this book has been indespencible!

I've had this book for 4 years, and each time I read it I'm still constantly learning.

As a breeder my main reference points in the book has been: Neonatology in regards to my 'tiel babies. Supportive care and Emergency treatments have saved so many of my tiels when I couldn't get to my vet. Antimicrobial Theapy has made me better understand the cause/effect of the drugs given to the birds, and Formulary as to the dosages. These are only a few of my favorite chapters. I've added my own handwriten notes to pages Such as: Pg. 762 covers a prolapsed oviduct and cloaca. It mentions treatments to reduce the swelling of the expoesed tissue. I had none of the listed items. At midnight I'm faced with a hen with a prolapsed uterus. Over the phone my vet suggested coating the exposed tissue with sugar, leave on for 15 min.,rinse off with warm running water, then gently insert the tissues back into the cloaca. IT WORKED! So, these notes are handwritten on the page in regar! ds to additional emergency treatments. The book is 1384 page, which is a wealth of information. But it is too much information to constantly go through when an emergency occurs. I've highlighted the key points in each section, which has saved me a lot of searching through paragraphs for what I need. I reccomend this book to all whom are concerned with the care and health of their birds. *NOTE* Please don't use it as a replacement in using a vet, but as a survival guide as to when an emergency comes up and you just can't get to your vet. Use the book as a learning tool. You and your birds will benefit greatly from it.

Summary: A must have for every bird owner

We purchased this book in 1994 when it was released and have used it numerous times for reference. Most recently when a pet bird had a stroke. I highly recommend this book
[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
amine
Modérateur
Modérateur
amine

Messages Messages : 1142
Points Points : 1597

MessageSujet: Re: Avian Medicine: Principles and Application   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitimeJeu 13 Nov 2008 - 14:18

merciiiii pour tes efforts

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]
drbourgelat

Messages Messages : 13
Points Points : 3

MessageSujet: Re: Avian Medicine: Principles and Application   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitimeVen 14 Nov 2008 - 16:32

Un grand merci pour ce boquin...
ddssnn2004

Messages Messages : 118
Points Points : 116

MessageSujet: Thanks   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitimeLun 13 Juil 2009 - 11:12

Thanks with flower flower flower
flower flower flower flower flower
maestro363

Messages Messages : 300
Points Points : 298

MessageSujet: Re: Avian Medicine: Principles and Application   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitimeMer 3 Fév 2010 - 12:01

merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii beaucoup
kareemooof

Messages Messages : 42
Points Points : 43

MessageSujet: Re: Avian Medicine: Principles and Application   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitimeMer 10 Fév 2010 - 5:34

thanks alot.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Avian Medicine: Principles and Application   Avian Medicine: Principles and Application Icon_minitime

Avian Medicine: Principles and Application
Page 1 sur 1